Aviation News for Crews
The articles on Aircrew Buzz cover airlines, air cargo, and business aviation. The focus is on news and information of interest to those who fly for a living -- both pilots and cabin crew.
This is not a blog about the business or policy aspects of the aviation industry, except as they apply to or affect crew members, e.g., mergers, capacity reduction, bankruptcies, etc.. Neither is Aircrew Buzz a travel blog. While passengers may find some material of interest to them, the target audience is working crew members.
Main Topics Covered:
- aircraft accidents and incidents, and investigations by the NTSB in the US, and equivalent agencies in other countries
- flight safety issues: safety recommendations; safety violations; airworthiness directives; maintenance issues
- labor issues: union business; furloughs and recalls; who's hiring
- aviation security: security incidents; security procedures and regulations
- aircraft: news about transport category aircraft , such as type-specific safety issues; new models/types; flight deck and cabin features; new livery
Also on the sidebar: an alphabetical list of the carriers mentioned in various posts.
Who is B. N. Sullivan?
I am a writer and researcher. By education and profession I am a psychologist (M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of Hawaii.), but I'm a research scientist, not a head shrinker!
For roughly the past decade, my primary research interest has been the health and well-being of people who fly for a living, i.e., pilots and flight attendants. Thus, I have written a lot -- articles, papers, conference presentations -- about aviation topics, and health, and the intersection of those two domains. Always, the focus has been on the lives of crew members -- what their jobs really entail; what their daily lives really are like; what they find stressful about their work; and why they absolutely love what they do. (A forthcoming book will attempt to sum up all of that!)
Along the way, I became an aviation news junkie. Aircrew Buzz began in 2005 as a way to share interesting aviation news with crew members I had come to know. Then it took on a life of its own, and here we are, years later...
In case you are wondering about the personal bits, I'm American; I live in Hawaii; I'm married; I have grown children -- and an elderly cat.
You can find me on Twitter: @AircrewBuzz (where I tweet 'aviation news for crews') or you can get in touch with me by leaving a message on this Contact Form.
P.S. Aircrew Buzz does not accept advertising, nor do I write promotional posts.