Spirit Airlines is actively recruiting pilots to become First Officers on its Airbus A320 fleet. According to a job notice on the Careers section of the Spirit Airlines Web site, the minimum requirements are:
- 4,000 hours total time in fixed wing aircraft.
- 1,000 hours in multi-engine aircraft (at least 50 hours flown within the last 12 months).
- Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate.
- Current Airline Transport Pilot License.
- Valid passport/documents with the ability to travel in and out of the USA and all cities/countries served by Spirit Airlines now and in the future.
- A320 Type Rating
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in 121 airlines or turbojet aircraft.
- Experience in aircraft equipped with EFIS and/or FMS.